Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Flea Market Fun

This past Sunday was the monthly Long Beach Flea Market.  As you might expect, browsing the aisles and aisles of goodies that need new loving homes is one of my favorite past times. I've been known to squeal with delight when I come across an especially good buy (like this book in an Amish Country antique mall for only $5!) and I'm always left wishing I had a football field-sized storage unit somewhere where I could keep all my furniture finds for potential future use. Alas, my practical side prevails and we ended up going home with just a couple of vintage song books (1937 and 1941) for baby Cordelia.  I'm not a Big Bang Theory viewer, but apparently there's a popular little diddy about a kitty (I swear I didn't even mean for that to rhyme) that first appeared in in one of the books. Anyone know what I'm talking about?


These Raymond Loewy-esque chairs would look great around a small walnut table like this


Beautiful tin tiles that could be hung in a grid as wall art or used under glass for a coffee table



I briefly considered giving these chairs a makeover.  I love the caning detail.
The fabric was actually darker than appears - a beautiful turquoise!


 I've seen a lot of concrete sunscreens in my day, but this was a new pattern for me. 
I'd love to see them worked into a landscape. 


I would have snatched these crocks up instantly, but the $150 price tag wasn't in the budget. Darn!


With a little TLC, I envision this little settee at the foot of a big upholstered bed


Last, but certainly not least, a cute baby photo, Cordelia posing with her new books.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

oh let me know next time you go, I haven't been in years and have been wanting to scour for some good finds :)
Love those concrete patterned blocks!

Anna said...

I had never seen that Biology book. that's awesome!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...