Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kitchens From Down Under

As one of the go to designers in Australia, Greg Natale certainly has an impressive portfolio and he knows how to create a kitchen worth swooning over.  In a few of his projects, however, he uses mirrored cabinets for kitchens and I'm just not sure how I feel about it.  Don't get me wrong, I love the look, the way it bounces light around the room and adds a touch of glamour to an otherwise utilitarian space.  From a purely functional standpoint though, I would personally hesitate in recommending this to a client. Maybe for someone who doesn't cook much and has a maid on standby to clean the mirror weekly, but it just seems like a lot of upkeep to me. Thoughts?  Would you put mirrored cabinets in your kitchen? Does style trump practicality here?









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...