Thursday, March 27, 2008

Huntington Library and Gardens

I've been in L.A. for five years and I still wait in anticipation for each weekend, for what niche of Los Angeles to explore next.  Last Sunday, I chose the Huntington Library and Gardens, which happens to be just a couple of miles from my home and shamefully I had not been there since 2003.  Even more amazing, my boyfriend has lived here all his life and had never been!  If you haven't been either, here's a glimpse of what you're missing: 








The grounds are varied; Sub-tropical, Desert, and Rose gardens.  It's the Japanese and Chinese gardens that truly take my breath away though.  The Huntington also has an amazing art collection, including Gainsborough's Blue Boy.

Hopefully, I have left you with some inspiration for the upcoming weekend.  Get out, about and enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...